Total Pageviews

2015-01-15

Composing for "I May Have Seen the Devil"

So here are a few pictures of me doing this play thingy. Check out our Indiegogo page at the link below. The music playing during the video is my own.



The first two pictures below were taken at Seattle's Littlest Performers, on the north side of the Ave. They rent rehearsal rooms. We didn't kick any kids out. Honest. It was my first rehearsal with this bunch. Improvising, I came up with a full piece, containing a beginning, middle, and end, with just my guitar and a delay pedal.

Everyone reacted positively, telling me it sounded good and made the scene more enjoyable for them, in various ways. One actor told me it helped her find her groove. Another told me at a later rehearsal that when my guitar sounds swell up it gives her goosebumps during her lines.

We were off to a good start.



These next few were taken at Theater Puget Sound, within the Seattle Center. Here I tried my hand at some bass improv, and came up with some really ghostly, sorrowful chord shapes to be played during a funeral scene.



All photos by Alejandro Stepenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.