Total Pageviews

2011-05-24

Surreality

It's been surreal.

We had our baby--Beatrix Kathleen Lisette Smith.

I wanted to name her Alice, but Megan pushed her out for four hours and then had to get cut to allow room for her to exit. So Megan can pick the name.

It was a girl. Mind blowing. I cried after she was out and I was looking at her and starting to see family resemblances in her little squishy face.

About twenty minutes after the birth, I went to relieve TJ and Sean of their babysitting duties, and bring Lucy back to the hospital to see her new sister, and, more importantly, for the first time have our family of four united.

By the time Megan was moved to a more hotel-y room, it was 8pm, Lucy's bedtime, and we had to go. So I took Lucy home and let her watch Dora for a half hour or so while I ate, then put her to bed. It was weird. Not only do I not usually put Lucy down for sleep at night, but Megan wasn't home, and even more weird, was the experience I'd been thru earlier that day! It was still hanging on me like a ... not a weight. It's more uplifting than a weight. But it was hanging on me. Dragging me down a little, but only from everyday realities, not from happiness.

In point of fact, my happiness has been overflowing since little BB was born. It's the next morning now, and Lu and I are bathed, fed, and ready to go back to the hospital to retrieve the rest of our family.





It's a great day.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this Glenn. it brought tears of joy to my eyes while i was reading it. birth is such an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.