Total Pageviews

2011-06-04

Pretending violent

Cocky little bastard

Yeah so I was driving my entire family home from Magnussen Park today. We'd ascended the hill from Sandpoint, driving west on 65th, and were heading back down.

On the left ahead of me are two jock-looking teenage boys at a bus stop. One is white, blonde, dopey looking. Whatever. The other is brown, like Latino- or Pacific Islander-type brown. Red shorts, white tee shirt. Both have backpacks. Probably going to school.

Like Stephen Colbert, I don't see race. I just want to give you a good idea of what I was looking at. The picture in my brain.

The brown one extends his entire arm and makes the gun shape with his finger extended. Like this:

He's pointing right at me. And he's moving his arm to keep his finger trained on my head, inside the car.

He's making eye contact and smiling, and he never breaks it. His arm moves with what appears to be trained precision. When I'm as close to him as I can be, when I'm right next to him, he cocks his finger up, as if he had just pulled the trigger.

If I didn't have my family with me ...

Thinking of investing in car-dedicated tire iron. Gonna go Jack Bauer on a motherfucker. Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.