Total Pageviews

2010-09-13

Black metal recording samples

Okay, so I've been working on a critique of the show Dexter for a while now. It will be a long one. It still needs work. And right now, while I have the time, I need to play guitar. Recording takes precedence at the moment.

Here's some evidence of my new recording habit:
Slicing Snakes
Black Metal Advice Column (In Yr Local Paper)

These are links to WAV files via DropBox.

These "songs" are very barebones. Basic. Guitar only. Slicing Snakes is not even half finished--the song is five minutes long. Both still need lead guitar, then bass. Then drums. Then guitar over again.

And there's only so much time in one day!

I've had a lot of trouble troubleshooting with my new equipment, working around the kinks and limitations and such. The metronome has been the hardest to nail down. Anyway, I'm off now to practice. That Slicing Snakes song is fucking fast and takes work to be able to play well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.