Total Pageviews

2011-04-10

I love co-ops


Sickly dada mourns temporary loss of health

This cold is kicking my fucking ass. Motherfucking kicking my sorry ass.

I'm gonna have to call Joel today, the dreaded call he doesn't want to receive, and tell him he's probably gonna have to be the one to work for me tonight. He said he would do my Monday, but couldn't do Sunday, cause he had plans w/friends (something from my past, I vaguely recall being able to make plans...), but he would do Sunday if I got worse.

Well, here I am! Hi, I'm Worse.

See I only work Sun and Mon nights. I work part time cause I've got a full-time job at home, which is only about to get harder (May 9, come quick plz). I thought I would be able to get thru my shift tonight, what with how I felt yesterday at around 4 o'clock, but by early evening last night, I was done for. Kaput.

My entire body aches and I haven't gone anywhere or done anything for about two days. My head is killing me with all this sinus pressure from all the snot I'm constantly blowing out of my nose into these mercifully soft tissues. I have to have peppermint tea going at all times, cause it's the only thing that loosens up the drivel in my face. 

You know what did it? You know what gave me this Killer Kold? This:


I just wanted Little Lou to have a playdate! She had a good time, too. It's my friend Todd's daycare. It's not a legally recognized "DAY CARE FACILITY" as is defined by WA state, so he's running it as a Cooperative. I love Co-ops. Anyway, you get the same six kids together, five days a week, and they're bound to trade all their sick germs back and forth. They must have a gazillion immunities to a gazillion different strains of sickness.

Then you put Lucy and I into the mix, us softies, us two hermits who just pretty much stay home and go for a walk outside around our neighborhood every day, us two who don't interact with other kids too much, us two with almost NO immunities, and we're bound to get sick. It's hitting me harder than Lucy. She's been a little snotty, but not like dada. Oh, no. Not like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.