Total Pageviews

2011-10-12

This is a writing workshop in my UW class, COM 359 Writing for Mass Media.

Prompt: "Once upon a time there was a"

"Once upon a time there was a" shitload of turds just sitting there on the doorstep. Little did the homeowner know that it was encased in a flaming bag.

So one thing that happened today that I didn't have time to write about before (see last entry)--I'm walking past Roosevelt High School with Lucy and BB, on 12th Ave NE. Lucy was picking the direction we were taking, as I'd ask her at every intersection which way she wanted to go. She always has a direction in mind, pointing there and saying, "Tha way."

Today she pointed us up north from our apartment. We live on 12th. When we get up to the school, there are students pouring out onto the sidewalks. Lucy, of course, wants to walk right into the sidewalk they're pouring out of. I suggest we go to the big track/soccer/field/green oval. So we do that; we walk around there, and as we get to the other side, we can either go right to the street and somewhere else, or left towards the doors leading inside the school, and more kids hanging out outside and stuff.

I learn later that it's their lunch break. Lucy really liked being around all the big kids, I think. She actually wanted to go inside the school at one point, and I held the door open for her, navigating BB's stroller around it and myself, and then she doesn't want to go in. Probably a good thing.

Okay, the thing I'm getting to--we walk back to the street. We continue north, and get to the Roosevelt Pea Patch, what looks like a community garden. We walk thru there, and then turn around and head south, homeways.

Crossing past the school again, there are students pouring back into it. So, from the QFC across the street, there's about 15 kids crossing. One of them, a boy in a gray hoodie, sits down in the street, facing the lone car that's approaching. Meanwhile, other people were walking past and kinda surrounding them. It's not a crosswalk, mind you. So the car naturally has to slow down to let these idiots past, and this kid is just sitting there, just for the attention. I guess. He gets up and crosses before too many more seconds pass.

Hate. Teenagers.

The cruel justice/truth of it all is that we all have to go thru that. But I can narrow down the type of teenager I am repelled by--asshole boy teenagers. Girls I can usually deal with, if they want anything to do with me, that is.

Writing workshop over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.