Total Pageviews

2011-10-31

20 Clauses Describing Halloween


20 clauses
Halloween
11.10.31
11:07P.M.
COM 359

The drive to the rendezvous house was beyond frustrating
We got quite lost
It added at least fifteen minutes to the trip
The baby was crying a lot
Lucy was babbling
Usually I would think it was cute
It was dark outside, 6:30 p.m.

Lucy was distracted as I was getting her out of the car seat
I snapped at her
“Stop fighting me!” I snarled as I forced her arms out of the straps
She was scared as I set her down on the pavement
She was crying and went to mama
My outburst helped to make her less confident as the night went on
I think I should make a vow to myself
To never ruin another holiday with a bad mood again

She also seemed a little neurotic, however
Started the Trick or Treating very nervous and scared
Wanted mama very bad at first
She reminded me of myself at that age-cries easily

Took a couple tries to watch how the bigger kids did it
When she learned that you get candy from every house, she got into it
She choked on her first piece of candy
She couldn’t wait to eat it
She didn’t know you’re supposed to stockpile, not eat as you go
I obliged
She shoved it all in her mouth
Scared the shit out of me
She managed to swallow it
Red-ish Twizzler drool on her chin
Tears
Strangers stopping to see if they needed to perform CPR
Was very scared at this point—a peak
Megan and I wanted her to walk through it and be strong
She got over it
She started having fun

I am proud of my little girl beyond words
Lucy wanted to walk inside every participating house
One house was made up to look like a UFO
The older lady answering the door was in full alien costume
Saying only “Bleep, bleep, bloop,” in monotone.
Cloth sheets with spaceship sides drawings covered the front of the house
A sheet sporting a drawing of the top of a spaceship, and some stars and black space, covered the roof
Black light was involved somewhere

There were other families and kids all around
Walking by us on the sidewalk-less street sides
Kids were falling down and crowding one another in excitement
It took much parental energy
I stayed by Lucy the whole time
Went up to the lit doors with her
Sometimes engaged the candy givers
Snapped what pictures I could
I never want her to forget this night

Lucy made it
Barely keeping up with the big kids
Dressed up like a hippie
With flowers in her hair

1 comment:

  1. Scary night in several ways. 2 is young for trick-or-treating. Hard for her to understand. When we took you at 2 it was very slow and we held you most of the time. You were a bit scared also. Sorry about the choke--I'm so glad she is okay. Hope to see photos of the little hippie!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.