Total Pageviews

2011-08-27

Yer average day off; school mumblings

Oh man I am getting a slooooow start to my day today. Lucy woke us up before 7, all hyper and talking and wanting everything.

Deliriously I put my clothes on and made coffee, but not before standing at the door of Lucy's room for a few seconds, seriously considering laying down in her bed to get some more sleep. I was essentially pushed out of bed by my three girls, but it wasn't against my will or anything. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Had to play some video games. Then I got up to change Lucy's diaper, and after, made a Facebook update about how I'm "going to POWER thru these motherfucking dishes." Then I sat back down in front of the tv to save my Fallout: New Vegas game, but I got sucked back in and started playing again.

Ten or so minutes later I saved and turned it off. I asked Megan if she wanted to watch some tv before I turned the PS3 off, and Lucy chimes in with, "Diego? Diego!" and then, not two seconds later, "Yo Gabba Gabba? Yo Gabba Gabba?"

Then I had to take a crap. Meanwhile, Megan's been nursing the baby and doing laundry. I swear I'm gonna get to those dishes that have been sitting there for over two days, I swear.

-dishes-

It's now 10:06. Dishes are done. BB is sleeping. Megan is making bread. Lucy is on the kitchen floor with magnets and a piece of paper, complaining about something or other. Life is normal. Life is fascinating.

Oh! Dude! I totally did some real nasty school stuff yesterday. I didn't expect to, but I got so much stuff done, the most important being registering for classes.

So there are a couple requirements I have to get out of the way. One is a foreign language requirement. I'm choosing to study Spanish. It's widely spoken in the states, and sounds beautiful. Also I have to take one 300-level Comm class before I can move onto senior, 400-level classes. I'm taking Spanish 101, and Writing for Mass Media (300-level). Once I complete WFMM, I'll be able to apply to the Communications school at UW.

It is a big weight off my mind being set up to walk into classes the day they start. Navigating campus was difficult yesterday. I was sort of learning my way around as I was getting stuff done. Finding Odegaard Undergraduate Library was difficult; it was on the other side of campus from where I parked. That was where I got my Husky card (student ID). Finding Hall Health Center was a little easier--I had to drop off measles immunization records from Western, where I was poked by a needle on two different occasions.

Lastly I had to drive to the registration building, which is off campus for some reason. It's by the Shell on 45th and 11th, but I never noticed it before.

It occurred to me, after I got home yesterday from all that madness, that I've never been a part of an institution so large. UW's campus is definitely bigger than Western's. And not every building is clearly labeled. Agh! They don't make it easy for newcomers. Anyway! I'm excited. All it took was a day of frustration and searching and huffing it around the nooks and crannies of campus, and I already feel more confident about going back. I should find out what buildings my classes are going to be in.... obviously there's more to do.

So yeah, the ball is rolling and I'm feeling good. Pies and Pints is still a weight on my mind, but now a distant one. They can all fuck off and die. You know, I can see the back door of the place from the back door of my place. I should invest in a BB gun or something and become a sweet non-lethal sniper. Scare some of those fools.

No! Bad dad! You're a dad now! You can't get arrested!

Why doesn't becoming a dad make guys stop acting like little boys?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.