Total Pageviews

2011-09-11

B4BBWakes

I'm fucking in love with Yo Gabba Gabba. Best kids show ever. Sesame Street is good and everything, but it's a different animal. Gabba is more... tasty. New. For today's kids. Really beautiful. Not as blatantly wholesome and pure as other shows. It gets crazy and trippy. It goes wild. Really awesome stuff.

Yo Gabba Gabba: good for the kids, tolerable for the parents.

The kitchen is a mess here. I was able to do some light cleaning just to make room on the kitchen table. I even put a growth chart on the wall of Lucy's room today to get it off the buffet, where it was taking up room and laying open so that Elmo was staring at me with those creepy globe eyes and that gaping maw. Had to use a tape measure to put the bottom exactly two feet off the floor.

Before putting it away, curiosity got the best of me and I measured my own height. Put the pencil on top of my head and marked the wall and it was 5'11.5"! I'm so tall.

Lucy keeps asking me if I want to draw an elephant. She loves me to draw elephants for her, and to pick the color of the elephant. Okay, hold on, I've got to draw one so I'm not totally ignoring her.

She said, after I was done, "Draw ewfan by self!" Ah, the fostering of independence. I love my girls. Today BB and Lucy were on the couch watching Gabba together. So cute. It's one thing I can leave BB alone with: the tv. God help us all. She'll grow up a fat mockery of humanity, living in a trailer with 7 kids, all of them fat, and she'll be watching her soaps all day, laying in a hammock inside her living room. In Alabama.

The fridge just stopped making noise and Lucy says, "All done refrigerator!" Then, "It's not making lots of noises!"


She's getting really good at saying what things aren't. Like, "It's not a purple Netflix! It's red!"

I'll ask her what color her milk is. No, never mind. I need to make her some food and wash the dishes b4BBwakes.

Then we'll go to the park, where I'll probably be pushing the stroller with one hand, and carrying my coffee (not a travel mug) in the other, and craning my neck around halfway to make sure Lucy is still trailing ambly behind us.

We just had a laugh together that I want to tell you about. After I wrote that last graf, she said something like, "Fall down, and she's crying!"

"Oh no!" I said. "Someone fell down and got hurt?" She was coloring in her Hello Kitty coloring book, so I thought she was going to refer to some character on the page.

"Yeah?"

"Oh no! Who fell down? Who's crying?"

"You!"

I laughed. She laughed. Her smile is beautiful and radiant. How is she such a pretty girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.