Total Pageviews

2010-08-10

Fear is the Little Toilet

So my little girl is ready for potty training.

Yep. It's that time.

I'm glad for the existence of What To Expect When You're Expecting's website, which you can use as a resource for parenting tips for all those precious first months of infancy, babyhood and into toddlerhood. And if you don't have a handle on parenting by then, my heart goes out to you only a little.

Reading this toilet training page, I realized that the baby toilet seat we got for Lucy totally has the urine deflector that can scrape her when getting down. How uncomfortable would that be? Imagine that every time you get off the pot.


We got the thing at Target. Go figure Target doesn't have a proper baby toilet seat. Our very purpose that day was to get a toddler toilet for the little Beans to use, and get this--the only one they had was one adorned with lights and speakers that play music and talk to you! Gross!


They did have ONE other option--the small seat you put on top of your regular one. However, the Beans is too small to climb up there on her own, so we're all facing an uphill toilet training battle.


Target. Ffeh. Anyone heard they're endorsing some politician who hates gays? Ugh. Megan said, "If we can't shop at Target, where are we gonna shop?" The next best bet is Fred Meyer, I suppose. Fuck Target, I'm done with them. I don't hate the employees, mind you. Everyone needs a flippin job.


Gosh, we'll probably have to order a training toilet one online. This is Seattle for cryin out loud! There's got to be a good one for sale somewhere!

1 comment:

  1. From my personal potty training experience (I remember it vividly!) and from helping with the girl I nannied last year, I can say that the little seat you put on top of a real toilet is better. Not just for clean up's sake. Kids like to feel like they're doing what you're doing.

    Get a step stool she can put in front of the toilet so she can do it "like a big girl". This step stool will also be great for hand washing and teeth brushing in front of that un-kid sized sink in your bathroom! A more worthwhile investment.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.