Total Pageviews

2010-08-07

recording

Recording has been going well--slow, but considering I'm jumping into it after a long lag, slow's not so bad. Also add to that I'm discovering how to use this new piece of equipment. And recording direct. And trying to be up to snuff on just the guitarplaying power I need to play this song I've been trying to record a SIMPLE SCRATCH TRACK ON has been taking me LIKE THREE OR FOUR DAYS LONGER THAN okay I'm calm, than I wanted to. But I knew it would happen like this. 

Also yesterday I took the time to do some crazy sound experimentation. It would be awesome if I could just put a music player right below my text here with the mp3 of my song ready to play.... youtube video of the song? Hm. Doable. With some douchy fan-made picture slideshow of me behind it the whole time? Sounds great.

So I almost posted the following video on Facebook. Then I realized my more scholarly friends (and really anyone) would be so dorked out by it and laugh it off and wonder what was wrong with me. I myself really like the guy's sweet vocals. That's true doom style right there--death growls from the pits of hell, and downtuned, heavily distorted fizzy guitars and bass and tom-heavy drums with mandatory double kick. Doom on.

NOVEMBERS DOOM, "The Pale Haunt Departure"

I think I was more moved (and less inclined to laugh) at the video for "Rain." I do love those guys though, all ribbing aside. Somebody's got to do that kind of corny doom really well. My favorite will always be Grey, out of Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.