Total Pageviews

2010-10-13

Parenting article for the insane parent

Borowitz delivers the ol' one-two punch at babys

I had just put Lucy to bed for her nap and walked out of the room when I saw this printed piece of paper on top of some charts we brought home from the doctor. It was an article from The New Yorker by Andy Borowitz from late last month, entitled, "The Good Enough Baby."

He makes jokes at the baby's expense, made me the (insane) parent feel better, and comprises it into a slimmed down mini-checklist of what he just wrote in his new book, the "blah blah blah This Is My New Book" book. He finishes with a word on how seriously he takes parenting. As a pediatrician.

What I liked about the article is that jokes kept appearing from out of nowhere. They kept catching me off guard, and when I did realize he was joking, the jokes were pretty damn funny. His writing is of such a high caliber the whole piece flows by in what you could call a 'quick read,' if it weren't for the density of the writing. There's no fluff. He probably just rattled it all off in like five minutes, too. He already wrote a book about it.

Read this article. It may even inspire you to buy, oh hell I'll say the name of The Book: "The Good Enough Baby: Settling for Little Miss Adequate."

Now I have to ask Megan where the heck she found it. It's fuckin hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.