Total Pageviews

2011-03-06

Beautiful Home Owner

Lucy and I are out walking today like we do every day. We take one of two basic routes--either to the park, or up to NE 65th St. and turn west, walk until ... 8th Ave NE, and then back home. Today, after reaching 8th, we turned and walked south, and then turned east on NE 64th. Interstate 5 runs right over 8th. So it's kinda noisy, kinda dirty around there.

Up 64th, the second house on the left has this old, thick wallpaper looking stuff with a brick imprint, all over the outside. It looks cheap. There is a broken iron fence, with big gaps in it, and beyond that, the side yard of the house is this long rectangle with black plastic sheeting over the entire thing, held down by bricks. It's got lots of puddles and there's a big tree in the middle of it and Lucy likes to walk in there and pick up sticks and rocks and throw them in the puddles.

We did that today. It's like the third or fourth time I've let her do it.

This red SUV pulls up. Stops a good 10 feet away. I can tell they're looking at us, but I try not to notice. They pull up closer. A man's voice says, "Sir, that's private property. You're gonna have to get her outta there." It's this middle-aged man and woman. The man is driving.

I begin fuming a little, but I didn't respond to him at all. I just rolled my eyes and called Lucy along, off his pristine property next to his pristine house by the freeway, and we walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.