Total Pageviews

2012-04-09

Day of Defecation, part 1

Oh man today has been a unique day. A little crazy, too. Let me begin from the beginning.

I wake up. Lying in bed, I've got Lucy to my left, in my bed, and BB in the crib, making noises to wake me up and get me to change her poopy diaper. Nothing weird about this scenario--almost every day, this is what I wake up to. Then I change a poopy diaper before I pee or anything. I've gotten used to starting my days like this: cleaning up someone else's poop.

Today was different. After stretching and wiggling around in bed and just kinda waking up, trying not to let BB see that I'm awake cause she'll cry harder, I started to sit up. Lucy kind of rolls off the side of the bed onto her feet, like a cat, and leans on the bed, facing me, and has this crying face on. Not fully crying, but in anticipation of me being mad and making her feel bad. I've conditioned her to expect this, so I've got to now spend a lot of days telling her that poop is okay, and reassuring her that I'm not going to lose my shit over some shit.

During Voyager, she nodded off.
ANYWAY (I love and have to get out of the habit of getting sidetracked and digressing (do I have to get out of that habit? (Is this just more digressing right here?)))

She says she's got a poopy diaper, in her whisper/moan thing. I was all cool about it, even though I was freshly waking up.

I didn't realize how bad it was until I had her laying down and was pulling her pants off. That shit was everywhere. And it was also really liquidy, like diarrhea. Just like a few days ago when she was puking. The poop had leaked out of the diaper, onto her pajama pants, and was up her belly, and down her thighs. She smelled foul, like she had been sitting in it for time. I realized the smell was coming from her pants, where they had poop on them. I suddenly became grateful to diapers for containing that smell so well--on clothes, it's way more fragrant.

She made it till 11.
So I got kinda mad. Yep. More damage to try to heal away with time. I didn't get too mad, though. It was early, and I had sympathy for poor Lu. She must have let it all go sometime last night, and didn't wake me up, possibly because she knows I need sleep. Megan went to work at 5 this morning, part of her new schedule. Lu's release could have been anywhere from 4:50 to 6:40, when BB woke me up.

Lu is kind of a ninja about crawling into bed with me. I don't wake up when she does it anymore. Not today, definitely. I remembered that I had seen a wet spot on my bed, and that wasn't a piss spot, folks. That was a wet diarrhea spot.

So I get that diaper off Lucy, wipe her up, and give her a bath. Lucy had a bath this morning before 7. It was crazy.


Now BB's waking up and Lucy's sleeping on the couch and I've gotta go! I guess I'll have to continue this later. Someone remind me to continue this later, plz?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.