Total Pageviews

2012-04-11

Not Day of Defecation part 2

#gross

Now it's several days later and I'm gonna have a hard time remembering everything that happened that day. However, that poo Lucy had was the beginning of a flu that is afflicting her to this day.

And this morning, did she ever have a huge bm. It was this foul-smelling diarrhea, and a lot of it. A deep, olive green with the consistency of a really thin milkshake or smoothie.

Hope I just ruined those two foods for y'all. Cause they're not ruined for me, and I saw that shit in REAL LIFE. In fact I think I'm going to fuckin' Haaaagen Daaas on the AVe to get a thin, uh... grass milkshake with waffle cone bits.

It literally filled her diaper to the brim, and I'm surprised it didn't stain the inside of her pants while she was walking around. When I laid her down and unfastened the diaper, it started spilling out over the edges. Poo smoothie was getting all over the receiving blanket, and it smelled like, well, ass.

I had to grab a new diaper just to safely contain the soiled one. Then I wiped her up and everything was fine.

My tolerance for poo is so high these days. So high. Sigh... 

It fills me.
***

Mind you, all this talk of poop is really funny to me. I hope it reads that way. I like to kinda go Louis C.K. style on y'all and just say some really dark, gross shit to get a rise out of my readers.

On the Day of Defecation, described in my last long post shit got real. Lucy proceeded to throw up and expel diarrhea several times that day. I changed about six poopy diapers, and about one quarter of her puke ended up in the bowl I was following her around with all day. I could hear her farting poos when she was just standing in the living room, watching tv. They were loud and it was pretty funny.

Her body really wanted to get rid of something. I hope it's not a food allergie.

The next day Lucy was better. No puke, and more energy. We even had a park trip.

The next day--two pukes in the morning and more diarrhea. This was yesterday. It came back with a bit of a vengeance. Today--low energy, and the one big bm, but no puking. That's fine with me, she's easier to deal with when she's got low energy. Ha.

I found myself thinking yesterday that mothers of old must have relished the time when they could throw all three or ten of their kids together in one bed and have them stay there until they all caught the cold and got over it together. Not only would they be physically weakened by the sickness, but they'd all be cooped up in one room! Mom could go do whatever she wanted while the poor sick kids just lay in bed, quietly suffering. Sounds awesome.

Except for not really. It's too stressful when a kid's sick--the worry and the change in daily routine are a lot to deal with, for kid and parent. I'm ready to get my old Lucy back, already. I miss her spunk, her joie de vivre. She's such a sweetie, sick or not.

My little Lucy is one of the two nicest children that ever lived, along with my baby Beatrix.

Luckily BB's been healthy as a kitten through all of this. And jolly, too! Jeez, she's a happy baby.

She's got four teeth coming in on the top row, and two have sprouted on the bottom. Her smile is now officially toothy. And she's got a big ol' smile like her mama. Her mouth opens wiiiide.

So today, it's typical Seattle light rain outside. Dreary. Lucy has kept her food down, but has low energy. I gave BB a bath. She's cute now, with big curly hair. Lucy's hair is so frickin' long now it almost rivals mine.

***

The other day, I was looking at my two kids, who were playing next to each other on the floor. They didn't know their faces were positioned exactly so I could see the same profile of both faces. And for the first time, I thought they looked like sisters.

My love for my daughters is an all-encompassing tornado that has only a calm center. It's a warm gumdrop. It's the overshadowing pile of love I pile on them, that they take on with courageous hearts every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.