Total Pageviews

2011-07-25

Lucy's Maynard preferences

Lucy was sitting with me on the couch a few minutes ago. We were reading The New Baby, by Mercer Mayer. She loves the book. It was a present from my aunt and uncle when Beatrix was born.

We'd read thru the book twice already, and were just looking at the pictures and identifying objects and such, and I got a hankering for some music. My laptop was sitting open in front of me, cause I've been digesting some Facebook ridiculousness this morning, and I put two songs on my Windows Media Player playlist, both Maynard-fronted songs: Orestes, by A Perfect Circle, and Crawl Away, by Tool (both track five on their respective albums).



Orestes is a perfect rainy day song. Today is really grey, and we actually heard thunder around 8 a.m., but no rain. Weird. The song was good for Lucy; I could tell she liked it. She got goosebumps and got really calm. I was hugging her and she had her pacifier in her mouth. It was pretty precious.



Then Crawl Away came on and she started swaying side to side, essentially dancing to the rockin Tool! It made me so proud. Liking the old-school Tool better than the slightly newer-school APC. That's fuckin a right. That's my rockin girl.

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow Maynard lover, Lucy rocks! Send her to Cali she can come to the A Perfect Circle concert with me next weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.