Total Pageviews

2011-07-22

Situation time

There is so much new happening with Lucy and Beatrix all the time that I'd never have time to write it all down.

So I'd better get started.

Okay. Now that it's time to write I can't remember anything.

Obviously I'd better come back to this later.

Ok! Remember time.

Earlier in the morning today, from 10 to 11:45, Lucy and I were at Sandpoint park. Having a great time. Yesterday she didn't get a park trip, so she needed a big good one today. She didn't want to leave when I did. Sometimes she does.

So we come back and the neighbors have some tree-cutter-downer guys over, complete with a bunch of chainsaws and a huge truck that grinds up branches and wood and junk, and proceed to cut down some trees in their yard. Said trees were really close to our house.

We live in the city and our houses are crunched together. The noise was literally just outside our doors and windows. Fucking loud. Necessary, though. One tree that got cut down was an incessantly annoying one that dropped dingleberries on our steps and made them slippery during the rainy winters.

NOT ANYMORE, DINGLEBERRIES~!

At one point, there was a guy on our porch, just outside my front door, doing tree-cutting-down business, I assume. Not much privacy today.

All this noise scaring the crap out of Lucy, which is nobody's fault, just annoying. She did manage to fall asleep to the noise, in her room with the fan on high and the windows and blinds closed. But less than one hour later, the noise woke her up!

Naptime is sacred! Really bad timing.

Lucy was fine with not napping the usual 2+ hours. When the night was drawing to an end, however, even though she had a long park trip and a short nap, she was bursting with energy. Whining at not getting more Diego on Netflix instant. Making a big deal about not being able to have her pacifier until bed. "Eeeh. Eeh." Really whiny-like. Drives Megan and I up a wall. Then she threw her usual tantrum when it was time to pick up her toys. Full-on wails. Fake wails.

Is this what they mean by The Terrible Twos?

Construction noise close to home hits close to home with me, because in the last place Megan and I were renting, which is one block away from where we currently live, a big, rectangle brick building with cookie-cutter apartments and a bad smell, the apartment directly above us was being renovated for six weeks while Lucy was less than one year old. We had to get out of there. Luckily we found this much better place, in eyeshot of the last, quickly. Moving took three hours, with professional help.

Our current landlord is currently in talks with us about the possibility of switching units. His is bigger and has more space for Lucy to run around. A big dining room, big living room, and bigger kitchen, with (my dream for the last few years:) a double-basin kitchen sink, with windows behind it. Will make washing dishes much more pleasurable.

We'll see. If it does go through, it'll be an even easier move than the last, which I definitely didn't expect would happen. With the second kid, we could use the space.

Lately in my free time I've been playing Resident Evil 5. Mostly online against other players worldwide. It's pretty awesome. I'm getting a lot of practice. I don't play it when Lucy's awake, cause it's so bloody (unless I'm in the middle of a game and she wakes up from her nap--what am I supposed to do, stop?), but I imagine Megan's getting sick of seeing it. Something about the pure amount of bloodshed is really pleasing to me lately.

Probably cause I lost my job about a month ago and it's depressing as hell. yeah that's probably why. it's a monkey that's always on my shoulder. Can't get it off lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.