Total Pageviews

2012-01-24

Lucy's Eating Toast

My kids. They sure do get old. My love for them hits me in waves.

"The light is broken," Lucy just said. The cutest.

She's eating a piece of toast and drinking milk.

I let her play with water in the sink today. She loves to fill and empty different containers, like bowls and empty baby bottles and cups, making dirty dishes into playthings. Cheap, right?

Today, after I let her play 10 minutes with a trickle, I began to think of all the places in the world without ready access to running water. So I asked her, from the other room, to turn it off and be all done. She complied, and continued to play with the water left in all her containers, dumping from one to another over and over again. When I came into the kitchen a little later, I found she had put all the rinsed dishes, free of excess water, up on the counter, leaving the sink empty. Is this girl trained or what?

Nicknames
My little Beans. Megan was getting ... oh my baby woke up. Jealous that BB was also a little Beans, cause it was Lucy's name and BB should get her own. So I made one up. The Bears! She makes bears, too. Little brown ones. Sometimes nutty.

Wittw BB Beaws

Testing Me
Another development in Lucy is the tendency to start testing me, to see just how much saying, "No," and protesting she can get away with. Today I didn't get mad; I just told her to put her face on the door. Two minutes. No fuss, no muss. It wasn't exactly over after that, but by that time I'd had BB down for a nap and I could play with Lu.

It's all about compromise, you know? The older kid wants attention that the little one needs. It's the attention the older one used to get from me.

I'm gonna take them both outside now. My last snowy park trip with them has me all inspired. I took them out two days ago, too!

In other news, I got into my blogging class. The decision was postponed for a week because of the straight week of snow days. Yesterday, before class, whilst stressing, I looked up my student file thing online, and there it was--I was enrolled.

Even better--this means financial aid disbursement!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.