Total Pageviews

2012-01-05

Waitlisted

Winter quarter's begun at UW. Last night I went to my potential second class--Blogging, COM 495. I'm third on the waitlist, and I'm facing particularly dire circumstances.

The instructor is a woman named Kathy, from Georgia. Her accent only comes out in every fourth or fifth word. After class, her and I talked a little about my chances of getting in.

Two factors are working against me. The first is class size strictness--the classroom is a computer lab, and there simply aren't more computers to accomodate more students. She's going to ask the higherups if I can use my laptop, while everyone else uses the inferior Mac monitors that run Windows software and won't unmute (seriously--every computer in the lab is like that!).

Secondly, for some reason, Kathy has less power to alter the class size in the evening degree program than in morning classes. I asked her why, and she couldn't really answer except to say that there is a different administration running the evening program. Basically, if they say no to her, there's not much more she can do.

So I'm sorta stuck attending this class that I don't know if I'm going to get into, doing homework for it that may or may not matter.

And if I don't get in, I'm not sure I can register for another class without paying some late registration fee. It would be worth it, however, compared to only taking one class this quarter. Lord in heaven, I don't want to be in school for-fucking-ever!

BB is taking for-fucking-ever to eat this teething biscuit thing. I thought it would work in my favor, giving me more time to type, but she's fussing and making a lot of noise. She seems bored. And tired. And I didn't put a bib on her and she's got food ALL OVER her clothes.

So I'm off to take care of a baby that refuses to do everything for herself. Le sigh.

In closing, I look good in red. And I hope I get into this class, so I can learn more about blogging and in... some word that begins with in... induct? introduce? it into my grande schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.