Total Pageviews

2012-01-18

SOPA / PIPA Protest Day -- synopsis, starter guide

Today, all I have to do is sit back and watch my world get covered in snow.

No school today! So today I'm going to try to blog and record some music.

What to blog about, hmmm. Well, this site IS called Retaining Metalhood Thru Dadhood. It would stand to reason that I should blog about my kids, but...

This SOPA / PIPA thing is really stressing me out, ever since I watched this video from Vimeo. Also, Wikipedia is blacked out today, along with a handful of other sites.

Check out the homepages of GoogleWordpress, Reddit, Craigslist, and Mozilla today. They've blacked out content on their front pages, or their entire sites, in protest.

The best SOPA / PIPA protest page I've seen thus far is The Oatmeal.

Read a little more about it here, at The Verge (the article I got most of my info from for this blog post).

Twitter hash tags to search:
#sopaprotest #pipaprotest #onlineblackout

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.