Total Pageviews

2010-12-10

Bands sucks

So is the sound of Kings of Leon's "Sex on Fire" how they feel about great sex? Is sex that sad for them? And we're not just talking about any sex, we're talking about the great kind, that you get only once in a while. When it's on fire. I've always thought of sex on fire being more akin to the sound of funk music. I'll bet the singer wrote that title and the rest of the band was like, "Ugh. But let's just go with it and not fight." You know they're three brothers and one cousin? They want to sing about sex? I guess young boys don't think about these things. What kind of person is going to want to have sex with someone who's all depressed? That doesn't sound very fun.

High on Fire just named their band like it is. It's a better name for the genre "stoner metal," and hopefully they can help kill that term. Like the guys in Sunn O))) said, calling anything "stoner metal" is just silly. There's doom, doom rock, doom metal. Drone metal. Desert rock. There's no such thing as "stoner metal."

And I can name bands in each one of those genres, if you dare test me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.