Total Pageviews

2010-11-15

A camper that is happy

Coffee learns dada how to be wakies wakies

I use a Moka to make my coffee every morning.

Let's start over. I'm addicted to coffee. I love my coffee. I've got my way that I drink it, and my day cannot begin correctly if I don't have it that way.

The grinder scares Lucy something fierce. Well, it used to. Today, she saw it, pointed at it. Now this is not unusual. But then she ran out to go watch Sesame Street, which was playing on my computer and she had lost interest in even though she wanted it first thing after she woke up, and when I ground the coffee beans, making that awful noise, that loud, loud, grinding scary noise, Lucy didn't cry. That was new.

It was not always this loud. I set it on the fridge one day, and it fell off when I turned my back. It had a large fall and now it's a loud, noisy engine of grinding doom.

I use a Moka to make my coffee every morning. Here are a few links:
A description of how it works.
Pictures of a Moka.

The one I use is made by Bialetti. It is the second one down, I think. It may not make cafe-grade espresso, but it makes much more drinkable coffee than the fucking french press or a drip cup. I mean, the french press is a cool thing--the coffee comes fast, and it comes strong. But it makes my stomach boil and gets me all jittery with the strength of the coffee. I'd rather use a drip cup, but that tastes sub-par to the espresso I get from the Moka. It takes more time,  but the taste is worth it. And three cups out of one batch! It may not be strong enough for some, but it is for me.

Apparently they call espresso 'caffe' in Italy. So there ya go. Don't you feel better now, knowing this. Hooray.

Lucy is caught in the string for the blinds and needs my help. Now she's hollering. It's pretty funny.

It's now ten minutes later. She basically helped herself out of it when I came over and said, "Now walk over this way." She's eating stuffing out of a plastic container. Megan said she was going to make a Carb Bomb yesterday. I guess she did.

I used to drink half the espresso in our Moka in one go, and then the other half later. That was getting me too hpyed up, too caffeinated. I mean, caffeine is the reason I drink coffee, but I like it kinda medium-weak. Lots of water, a bit of milk. Now I split it into three cups--it lasts longer, and I feel better.

It's now twenty minutes later. Lucy walked in with her big girl cup of orange juice and proceeded to spill it all over the carpet. Then when I go into the kitchen to get a towel I see a bunch of it on the kitchen floor too. I can tell she felt bad about it, cause I wasn't overly loud or forceful when I said, "Lucy, Lucy, Lucy.... you're spilling orange juice. No spills!" and it made her cry a lot. She's now drinking it herself, and being very careful not to spill. Lesson learned.

She even whimpers when she wants to grab it, cause she's afraid she'll spill. What a little beans. I love my daughter.

Gosh, I could talk about Lucy all day. I love documenting what happens in this household. Apartmenthold.

She's looking at a garbage truck right now, out the window. She brought me a book to read, and we were reading it, and she was even interested and engaged, but when that old familiar garbage truck sound came from the direction of the window, I knew there was magic a-brewing. She ran to the window to see the action, and I got a break in reading to her.

She's dressed, diaper changed, and fed. I don't put her into the high chair as much anymore, cause she's good about keeping her food either in the container, or in her mouth. She's learning to pick up what she drops, and showing that she wants us to be proud of her and happy with her. It's my dream come true. Only problem is, she's got A LOT of learning to do before she's good at any of if.

I guess it's not really a problem. I did sign on for it by putting the Lucy bun in the oven. Now there's gonna be an Alice/Boy bun. I'm still sticking to Julian for a boy name, I think Jules would be a great nickname.

She had some apple, most of a pickle, some stuffing, and orange juice. I'd say that's a good morning food amount. Lunch is supposed to be the biggest meal, right?

She smells like shit. Time for another diaper change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.