Total Pageviews

2010-11-29

Toddler wakes dada this time

It's morning time not time to play

She is watching Fraggle Rock, the dvd she chose, and now she's whining about it. Wait, I'll start over.

This morning she woke me up by coming into my room! This is a mild milestone because, up until today, she would not get out of bed by herself. She has the power to now, as of the last three weeks or so when she graduated from the crib to a mattress on the floor.

I was very groggy when she did it. She almost immediately proceeded to bring me books in bed, to read to her. There was just no way.

Last night I worked till 12:40 or so and didn't get to sleep till almost 2. So I guess I was out of it. (Read this sentence in a Sheldon from Big Bang Theory voice:) It was about 8:10 when she opened my bedroom doors, which, combined with coos and whines, is what, I hypothesize, woke me up. We've got french doors that creak and crack when you open them.

The first thing I remember this morning is seeing her, peering thru the crack, looking timid. Probably cause she was embarking on new territory. I was not, of course, but it did clearly irk her that I took so long to get up and moving.

Megan later told me that, at 6:45 this morning, on her way out the door to go to work, Lucy got up and walked out into the kitchen, looking loopy. So Megan walked her back into bed and left with Lucy still looking at her, lying there.

She is such a funny sleeper.

So yeah, I have two rules for Toddler Tv Time.
1. No dvds before nap.
2. Whatever dvd she chooses to watch, she has to watch a whole episode before I switch dvds.

See, we don't have cable. And good riddance to it. It boggles my mind how stupid it is every time I'm at someone else's house and it's on. So Lucy watches dvds or Sesame Street on my computer. And I let her pick which one.

Could this blog entry get more exciting?

Today I broke rule 1, but stuck with rule 2, both because it suited me at the time. They're not carved in stone, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.