Total Pageviews

2010-11-04

Naptime jones

Lucy has been awake in her crib, mostly by herself, for about 35 min. now. Give or take. I think she can just stay in there all day for all I care. She knows it's nap time. She was closing her eyes out of tiredness, but they popped open again and now she's fully awake and talking to herself in her crib.

I really do like the language that's pouring out of her, though. She is always trying to say something. Today at the park, from her swing, she pointed up and said, "Sky!" I was very proud. Sentences of babble spasmodically spew from her. Well, not spasmodically. Very slowly and methodically sometimes; at other times, fast and hurried. Other times it's nonchalant. My kid shows all the emotions that I do. It's crazy. It's amazing. We all operate on very base rules, governed by our emotions. Perhaps true adults are those who let emotions affect them less and less.

Well, my last cup of coffee for the day is done. She's veering close to a no-nap Thursday, but I'll never tell her that. I think we'll give her about two or three more chances to get up. I love to catch her in the act--I'll leave her door open enough for me to be able to peek my head in (i just sneezed and she got quiet--weird), so I can hear her getting up. Then I'll force her back down and hold her down. She of course hates this. I crave it. The power a parent yields! Delicious! Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.