Total Pageviews

2010-11-01

Today is a rainy, dark morning, and I just wanna give Lucy lots of TV

Yeah, she already made it thru one Baby Einstein dvd, and now she's on to The Muppets Take Manhattan, from 1984. Great film. I love the writing. I worked last night and I'm taking a bit more time to wake up. Taking care of Lucy whilst tired isn't really hard, tho. I'm used to it. It's totally part of my daily routine. My life.

She's been eating cold hot dog, cashews, and apple and drinking water. I didn't even need to put her in the chair to eat. She's certainly getting older. Easier to take care of. I had a moment when she had everything she needed--changed diaper, clothed, tv on, food and water. And I was standing there realizing I had time to myself. I even had my coffee on by that time.

And at that point, I realized that when the second kid is born, there will always be more to do. I will never have that time to myself in the mornings anymore. I mean, Megan's only in her fourth month of pregnancy, and we don't even have the names for potential boy or girl finalized. I think I like Julian or Alice.

I kind of worry more about what a boy's named rather than a girl, I think cause I'm a boy and I know how boyhood goes. It doesn't really matter what someone's name is, tho. Does it. As long as it's not Sue.

Anyway, I'm appreciating my time now while I still have some that's free. I'm looking forward to having another baby. I think we'll let the gender be a surprise this time, too. Megan said recently, "It was fun not knowing," referring to her pregnancy with Lucy. And now that we're here again, I see what she means. It's more natural that way.

A cook friend, who happens to be just as pregnant as Megan is now, said in response to this, "Fuck that. I'm finding out." Then we all laughed. It's her first kid.

I'll tell ya, I sure am less nervous now with this one than I was with the last one. You do it once and it gets easier. Still, my whole life is now a period of waiting to be in that delivery room when the baby's born.

"Somehow I know we'll meet again, not sure quite where, and I don't know just when.
You're in my heart, so until then, it's time for saying goodbye"

"Together again! Now we're here and there's no need remembering when!
Cause no feeling feels like that feeling, together again, together again"
-Moss & Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.