Total Pageviews

2010-11-30

Naptime and gays in the military

I just put her down for a nap

and I'm listening to her fuss and cry, amid other random sounds she makes with her mouth. She's learning to talk, so a lot of it is misprounounced stuff that I can't understand. She's probably trying to say something, like strings of sentences. I want to understand her, but she's not there yet. You should hear her try and pronounce "orange." 'owij'

She can't speak English yet, but we have our ways of communicating. Like, I say something, and she responds with an emphatic, "Seh!" or nothing.
go to sleep toddler grahhhh

We went to Target today. I bought her boots and slippers and a Sesame Street dvd. hoo fucking ray. yay. And I bought Metallica's "...and Justice for All" cd on the cheap. Nostalgia. hoo ray.

She's still too scared to get out of her bed and open the door. I guess she has to be in there for a long time to get to that point. I dunno. I'm tired. Why am I making a blog post when I have nothing to say. I dunno. Don't read this. I've got nothing.

Ok, here's something. Look at this if you care about gays in the military and the national debate raging on the subject. It's a pdf, file hosted by NPR, of the a recently published Department of Defense review about this issue.
L!NK

For a summary of the report's findings by NPR, who might I say are AWESOME, click here. If I may take a crack at my own summary: NO ONE WILL CARE EXCEPT JERK MEN (if "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is repealed). A majority of women see no problem with it. Why are men so afraid of other men being gay? Is it because we've all had gay thoughts at one time or another, and we're insecure about it?

Prejudice against gays is an ancient, misinformed, hateful mindset. It should be laughable by now. And yet, half of our country's elected officials use it as a platform to run off of. Ridiculous.

When will the old generation of politicians die to make room for a new one? Please let it happen soon? Why is this country so fucked up still?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.