Total Pageviews

2010-11-27

Post 1-nite vacation ramblings

Toddler gets out of bed by herself for 1st x

I'm listening to this Withered cd. It's pretty awesome. Check their Wikipedia page here if you want. I took the cd up to Bellingham for my brother to rip. It reminds me of a black metal version of Mastodon. Lo and behold, when I look up the band's wiki, I see that the two frontmen play in another band with Mastodon's bassist. SCORE! I can identify the hell out of musical similarities.

Lucy always wants to be in the same room with me, but never wants to do what I want to do, namely, get her diaper changed. She'd rather sit in her toy box, and I don't really feel like/have the energy/drive to pull her out, so I just play in her room with her, and sit there and stuff, and after a while I'm like, well, baby, I'm gonna go in this other room till you're done sitting in your toy box. As soon as I walk out, she's right behind me, carrying two balls to bounce on the kitchen floor with a huge smile on her face and making sounds like, "Aaahh!" that she makes when happy.

I took a video of her throwing an oversized ball over the back of the couch, naked, and fresh out of the bath she had with me, with hair all curly and half wet. Her little butt is the cutest little butt. So little. I want to pinch it.

Yep, it's just me and my girl today. Hanging out and listening to Withered.

Now the Withered is off and Low is on. A nice change. Heavy metal is cool for a while, but play about seven or eight songs in a row and it's like, "STOP THE POUNDING!"

Lucy has graduated from the crib. She now has her crib mattress on the floor, with three blankets. It's tucked in a corner of the room, and we put three big pillows on the floor next to her while she sleeps. At first I would constantly find her, any time in the night after she had gone to bed, on the floor, huddled up in fetal position face down, sleeping. No blankets. She'd rolled out of bed, over the pillows, and stayed asleep. Must have been weird for her. She probably expected the crib walls to stop her from rolling too far.

Now she mostly stays in bed, but I find her out of the blankets a lot, and in funny positions. She really moves around when she sleeps. I can tell when it's a deep sleep if she hasn't changed position when it's time to get up. I'll find her with her feet on the floor, or her head by where her feet should be, or something. It's been about two weeks since she graduated.

Today was a milestone of sorts. Well, it began last night, really. After Megan put her down for bed at eight, she got up out of bed, walked over to her door, opened it, and came back out! It was funny to me, sitting there playing Fallout 3 GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION KICKASS, on my second cocktail, seeing this little girl pop out of her room in her jammies, and go right for the bookshelf like it's time to play.

Momma had a different take on it. She took Lucy back in her room, put her in bed, and walked out. Then Lucy walked out a couple minutes later. So Momma took her and held her to herself, face on bosom, while she sat on the couch.

"If you're gonna be up, this is what you're gonna do." *squirm "Nope! No, Lucy, it's not time to play. You get to do this if you're up." And there it went for about 10 or so minutes before Momma took her back into her room, and laid down with her. About a half hour goes by. Momma walks out looking like she just woke up!

Continuing the milestone, this morning was the first time Lucy got up out of bed by herself, without me having to open the door, see her sitting up in bed, afraid to get out or something, and say, "C'mon, girl! It's okay. Get up."

Ok, she's done with me typing in a big way. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Glenn, these are great posts. They remind me of myself and my daughter Molly, when Sara used to work and we would spend all day together. Not really what i'm used to doing but you kind of have to move at their pace. It's good you get to spend so much time together, You know I used to live in Seattle. I think I was West Seattle. Talk to ya later,
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments from any and all readers. Please lay your thoughts on me.